A big key to your online marketing success is in creating video. That’s not news.
However, I know you’ve been STOPPED in your tracks because you don’t like the way you look on video, you’re scared, the technology overwhelms you, you make the excuse that you’re busy, etc.
TODAY I’m going to give you a list of video tips and clear up some myths. We HAVE to get you over this fear of making a simple tip video (like these).
Check out these eye-opening stats:
- 90% of all content shared by users on social media last year was video.
- 76% of marketers say video marketing has helped them increase traffic and SALES.
- 85% of people say they’d like to see more video from brands this year and in the future.
Here are some immediate tips I want to give you about creating these videos:
- By developing a content plan (here’s how) you can have enough video topics for a full YEAR of marketing.
- Record in batches. Twice a year I set aside an afternoon to record 25 or so videos in bulk. I get them all done much faster because I have momentum and confidence. Then I don’t have to think about my marketing for another 6 MONTHS!
- I script out the beginning sentence and 5-sentence ending for all videos and just memorize the content. All content in the middle is NOT scripted so I remain ‘human’ and conversational. That way it’s easier for people to connect and relate to me.
- You do NOT need fancy equipment to get this done. Many clients just use an iPhone or iPad. Some use a webcam or camcorder. Literally whatever is easiest and fastest while offering a clear picture, you’re good to go.
- Your background should be simple. I personally find plain white background boring, so I invite you to pick a spot in your home that has some warmth like in front of a bookcase or in the living room. You can even record several 3-second videos to decide the placement you like the best.
- For lighting I recommend a ring light, and for sound I recommend a lapel microphone. (Example: Neewer Ring Lighting Kit and Movo Lavalier Lapel Microphone)
- Once you record one video you like, it’s literally a matter of just recording the next tip because the initial decisions and scripting will have already been done. Some customers use a teleprompter but in all honesty, don’t do that. Get OUT of your head, and into your heart. When you speak from the heart it just flows. When you speak from your head you get hung up, focused on the wrong things and it shows.
- Before you hit record… think of ONE person you love and would want to help. It could be a client you’ve made up in your mind, a friend, someone you’ve helped in the past. ONLY think of that person as you then go into this video. Make the video as if you’re just telling that person a tip about your business topic. (Do NOT think about the masses, or the importance of video, or how you look, or what you sound like) The key is SIMPLE.
- If you’re still nervous, consider asking a young neighborhood kid to help you get setup the first time. Ask a friend or colleague to take a quick look at your first video and give you feedback. Regardless, you have to MOVE. How you handle this speaks to how you handle anything. Business will be full of challenges – see if you can enjoy the process of improving and proving you CAN do this.
There IS a penalty to waiting to get started with video. As more and more businesses market online, your content will be lost in their dust unless you commit to consistency and start NOW.
You could make a thousand excuses about how it has to be professional, and it has to be perfect. But perfection is the enemy of great. No one cares what you look like if your content is valuable. Focus on delivering value in the form of a simple tip, then move on.
In an effort to over-deliver you are delivering nothing. We have to dig in and get you moving in the right direction.
Bottom line, if you are SICK and TIRED of . . .
- … not making progress and serious profit in your business
- … feeling defeated, stuck and exhausted trying to “do it all” yourself
- … technology weighing you down and holding you back from getting your message out to the world, and impacting FAR more people
- … spending tens of thousands of dollars buying into products, programs and memberships that only teach you “part” of the solution and just leave you feeling overwhelmed and full of regret
- … not using your gifts and talents in the way you know you could if you JUST had the right help, the right plan, the right combination of elements…
…then stay closely connected with me and keep learning the FASTEST way to market online WITHOUT sacrificing quality.
- Join my email list for a once-weekly “Training & Tools Digest” to grow your tribe, live your potential and monetize your message!
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel and get notified when I post a new 4-min Fast Track video weekly.
- Like my Facebook page for HIGH-value content published DAILY.
I have your back and I promise to never waste your time!