So, you’ve received a podcast interview request, and you’re not sure if you should accept or not? First of all, that’s such a great problem to have my friend! This means you’ve made it past the initial phase of saying yes to every interview opportunity that comes your way and people are starting to take notice. Congratulations! ?
Now your goal is protecting your time and getting the most out of every podcast guest appearance going forward. I’m here to help you with that process! I promise, it’s easier than you think.
In the video, I’ll be going over these four pieces of criteria that helps me decide:
- Do a little podcast research on iTunes, SoundCloud and other channels for details like reviews, comments, and number of episodes and frequency of publishing
- Do you serve the same audience? For example, my focus is on authors and if the podcast is about lawyers…well, you can see the possible problem there.
- Do you share the same core values? I’m more light-hearted and cheerful, so if a podcast seems to be more abrasive or aggressive, it could make for an awkward conversation.
- Is the podcast host experienced? This is really helpful to keep the interview flowing naturally and make it entertaining and engaging for the listeners.
I’ll explain how to find the answers; why it relates to determining if you should say yes to the podcast interview request; and if the podcast is a good fit for you or not. Being a guest on a podcast can be extremely beneficial as a business owner, opening you to a whole new pool of potential customers, but only if it’s the right match.
What criteria do you use when vetting a podcast? I’d love to hear your suggestions in the comments below!
Are you ready to start leveraging podcast interviews to work for you and convert their audience into YOUR customers? Then you’re going to love this week’s fast track episode:
I hope you found this video helpful. If you did, would you do me a huge favor and share it with your friends? It would make my day!
What did you think of this Fast Track Training?
- Subscribe to Amber’s YouTube channel to get notifications when new video tips are available!
- Leave a comment below and let me know what you struggle with and which tip makes a difference for you.
- Share this post with others so they can get the inside scoop on relaunching your book successfully. Simply click the social media sharing buttons below to impact some lives now!!
Have a topic you’d like me to share tips about? Click here and let me know! I’d love to hear from you!